Surprised by a friend request from Grandma? While the technologically illiterate Baby Boomer is a stereotype in our society, that image falls short of the truth. The older generation is flocking to social media and the Internet to keep up with kids and grandkids, build a community, and learn about current affairs. Skeptical? Check out these five statistics about older adults and social media.
1) In 2010, elders’ social networking use almost doubled, going from 22% to 42%.
2) 47% of Internet users aged 50-64 years old use a social media site, and 26% of Internet users 65 years and older use a social media site
3) Between April 2009 and May 2010, the number of social media users 65 years and older doubled.
4) Every day, 20% of adults aged 50-64 years use social media.
5) Older adults with a chronic disease are more likely to be on social media. They show a strong preference for blogging and online health message boards.
To see the source of these stats, click here!
Grandparents, don’t forget to protect your house and your family against pornography! Click here to visit our website and learn what Clean Router Pro can do for you today!