Communications watchdog Ofcom compiled a new report on teenagers and social media. Here’s what you need to know:
1) Only 1/3 of teens between twelve and fifteen years old could identify the paid advertising search engine results on Bing and Google.
2) Kids between the ages of eight and fifteen now spend an average of 15 hours online every week.
3) Over half of teenagers were unaware that video bloggers, aka “vloggers” could be paid to endorse products.
4) Only 52% of teenagers who watch YouTube were aware that advertising is the site’s main source of revenue.
5) 8% of those surveyed said that YouTube is their main source of “true and accurate” information.
Read more about the study here!
Do you know how to keep your family safe on social media? Read more about it here, here, and here!
Online peace of mind isn’t just possible– it’s essential! Protect your family from online pornography with Clean Router Pro today!